Thursday, December 10, 2020
Orofacial Pain: Clinical Guidelines, Liability Trends and Risk Management
Date: Thursday, December 10, 2020 Location: Live Webinar
Time: 7:00 - 8:30 p.m. ET Price: FREE
Credit Hours: 1.0 credit hour Register: Click here to register
AGD Subject Code: 200
The newest ADA-recognized specialty is orofacial pain. It addresses a largely unmet need in the fields of medicine and dentistry: dentalgia, neuropathy, sleep disorders, myofascial disorders, temporomandibular disorders, contributing psychosocial factors to pain, and primary headache disorders. The acceptance of this new specialty emphasizes the importance of ethical, evidence-based care protocols. The bar has been raised for appropriate diagnosis and related treatment provided in high risk areas such as TMD and sleep disorders. This course is designed to introduce attendees to the seven basic tenets of the orofacial pain specialty and associated risk management strategies.
- Identify the general areas addressed by the specialty of orofacial pain.
- Identify common orofacial pain conditions that often lead to misdiagnosis and overtreatment.
- Understand appropriate risk management strategies for orofacial pain patients and appropriate referral protocols.
- Philip R. Barbell, DDS, FAGD, FACD, FICD, Dental Risk Management Consultant
- Kevin D. Huff, DDS, MAGD, DABOP, General Dentist & Orofacial Pain Specialist
- Moderator: Jennifer Flynn, CPHRM, Risk Manager, Dentist’s Advantage
To Earn C.E. Credit:
Participants must (1) register, (2) attend the entire live event on 11/30/20 at 3pm ET, and (3) complete the post event survey evaluation. Only those who meet these requirements will be issued a certificate of completion. It is the responsibility of the participant to make accommodations for time zone.
Register for this webinar